Uniting vintage features with modern favorites, the Limited Edition Journeyman Relic "'59 Special" Strat is an exceptional guitar that could only spring from the minds at the Fender Custom Shop.
A trio of high-output hand wound Custom Shop Ancho Poblano Stratocaster pickups add their special sauce to the traditional Strat guitar sound. Each pickup is calibrated for its position, including the RWRP middle pickup. Special Strat Blender wiring blends the bridge and neck pickups in almost any position while the Greasebucket master tone control circuit retains full gain and Tone Saver Treble Bleed on the master volume control preserves tone at any setting. The one-piece AAA flame maple neck sports a 1959 "C"-shaped profile, with a slab rosewood fingerboard that has a comfortable 9.5" radius and 21 6100 jumbo frets.
The two-piece select alder body sports a Journeyman Relic treatment, while the neck has a Heavy Relic treatment and all hardware-from the incredibly rare eight-hole 3-ply mint green pickguard to the six-saddle American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge-received a Relic treatment. A tasteful mélange of ingredients thoughtfully selected for flexible Fender tone and stunning style, the Limited Edition Journeyman Relic "'59 Special" Strat is ready for any stage.
Includes a "Limited Edition" engraved neck plate, Certificate of Authenticity and deluxe hardshell case.
- Model Name: Limited Edition "59 Special" Strat®, Journeyman Relic®, Aged Olympic White
- Model Number: 1510590805
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged Olympic White
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece AAA Flame Maple Neck
- Neck Shape: 1959 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6100 Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved
- Neck Finish: Heavy Relic Tinted Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Slab Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Ancho Poblano RWRP Single-Coil Strat Middle
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume with Tone-Saver Bleed, Master Tone with Greasebucket, Neck/Bridge Pickup Blend
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: Tone Saver Treble Bleed, Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit, Neck/Bridge Blender Control
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 8-Hole 3-Ply Mint Green Relic
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Relic
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity